Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Washi Tape Wednesday

Hi Everyone, Sarah-Jane here!

I am a little unwell this week so I have shared a post from my personal blog about making your own Washi Tape.........

I have a lot of washi tape, just a little bit addicted I'd say but really I can stop any time............

Although I do have that much I still find it difficult to find the right tape for the right project, so ............ lets have a look just how easy it is to just make your own.

Here is what I used.....


- Baking Paper
- Double Sided Tape
- Various Patterned Stamps
- Permanent Ink Pads
- Distress Ink Pads
- Decorative Edge Punch 


First you need to stick a length of double sided tape to the shiny side of the baking paper, like the picture above. Make sure you use baking paper and not wax paper as the stamping won't stick to the wax paper.


Then you can cut the paper into strips, this can be done after decorating the strips or before, as you can see I chose to do it before I decorated the strips.

Then using various stamps and inks go crazy......... decorate each strip as much or as little as you like. You can keep the backgrounds plain or as I have done lightly run a distress ink pad over them to create color. 



And here is what I came up with, I even used a border punch on the bottom one. 

Well that's it..........Very Easy, and the sky is the limit with what you can come up with and no one will ever have anything like it!

Well thats all for this week, don't forget to come back on Monday to see what Mixed Media Art Journal page I come up with............ here is a sneak peek:


Well see you all next week don't forget to check out my blog and also Neha's Store.

Caio



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png