Monday, October 13, 2014

Life - DT Sarah-Jane

Hi Everyone, well it's Monday so you all know what that means............

Mixed Media Monday Time!

This week I had a specific plan for what I was trying to achieve, but as usual it didn't turn out the way I had planned. After completing the background I was not overly happy with how it had turned out, it wasn't until I added a few more things that I ended up being happy with my work.

So here it is:


I cut lots of little butterflies using a Tim Holtz Die and glued them to the page before putting a layer of gesso over the top the hide the writing underneath. I then put a layer of Sky Blue paint over the top and layered that with Twinkling H2O's in Sunflower. It gave the background a green look to it and then I decided that it needed bright colours so I went hunting in my stash for something to make it brighter. 

Here are a few close up pictures:




Materials Used:

-      Liquitex Gesso
-      Semco Acrylic Paint (Sky blue)
-      Twinkling H2O’s (Sunflower)
-      Canson Watercolour Paper
-      Ranger Matte Glue n Seal
-      Kaisercraft Background Stamp (Music Notes)
-      Kaisercraft Collectables (Secret Admirer – Doilies & Icons)
-      Tim Holtz Remnant Rubs (Botanical)
-      Tim Holtz Cling Stamps (Phrases 1)
-      Tim Holtz Alterations Strip Die (Butterfly Frenzy)
-      Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Die (Butterflies)
-      Ranger Perfect Medium Stamp Pad
-      Ranger Embossing Powder (Black – Super Fine)

Well thats all from me for this week, hope you enjoyed this weeks Mixed Media Monday, and remember to check back everyday for more wonderful creations from Neha and Deni.

Caio


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png