Sunday, May 14, 2017

May - Mother's Day DT Deni

Good Morning All,

With the month of May hitting its middle, we are enjoying celebrating our Mum's and Mum figures throughout the entire month.

I have created a card for a Special Mum using a stamp set from Newton's Nook called Raccoon Rascals, I thought about thinking outside the box instead of the usual flower image cards.



I stamped the image onto Mondi Color Copy (you can use X-Press it blending card or anything else Copic friendly), which is my go to Copic Paper using Memento Tuxedo Black and a Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block.

I fussy cut the image using Cutterbee Scissors, and inked around the edge using a double ended Tombow marker.

I stamped the word "Mum" using Lawn Fawn Jessie's ABC's and Memento Tuxedo Black.

I then started thinking about my card layout.. I found an almost finished paper pad in my stash from Prima called Bohemian Bamboo (an old stock item from Auzz Trinklets) and some thin cardboard which was from some packaging, i cut this up into a few sizes and started putting those layers together using Scotch ATG.

Next i decided i was going to add a big circle to my card using Lawn Fawn Stitched Circle dies, i attached the Raccoon's using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive, then stamped the sentiment using MFT Simply Fab Sayings, I stamped this in my Misti as i knew because of the layers i would need to re-stamp the sentiment.

I added some Nuvo Drops to finish the card off and that's it ;-)

Thanks For stopping by and we hope to see you again soon.

Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png