Friday, May 5, 2017

DT Clarinda - Mothers Day card - ssshhhh don't tell

Hi peeps,

This time I have what I think is a gorgeous card for Mothers Day. I have used watercolour paint to paint in an inked image. It was fairly simple but I love the finish it gives and the messy way it looks. I hope you enjoy it.


I began by cutting out the outside frame using Spellbinders dies - Triple floral using the largest die, I cut this from a piece of cardstock (with a print on the other side) and then sprayed with Lindy's sprays in various colours to give a watercolour look. Once that was dry, I used glossy accents to adhere small bling gems to the centre of each flower.


I then cut the inner two pieces of watercolour cardstock using the next die down in the set. the inner square frame I covered in crystallina glitter glue and used that to stick down pieces of Stampendous Frantage Shaved Ice to give that holographic look. Once that was dry I covered the entire square frame in glossy accents so that it has a glass appearance.


The stamps were stamped onto watercolour cardstock using archival ink. The stamp set I used was Happy Birds by CTMH. I then painted them using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolour pigments using a 'wet in wet' watercolour technique to ensure the colours bled into each other.
Once the front was complete I used a Spellbinders Labels 4 die to cut the shape for the inside sentiment.


If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Until next time.
Clarinda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png