Wednesday, May 3, 2017

DT Teresa - Shabby Chic 2

Hello! 

I have another shabby chic project to share with you today, catching up now! 

This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base which is cut with a paper trimmer at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored with a teflon bone folder at 5 1/2" to make a top folding card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".

I used the scalloped frame from My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 to place on the card base, moving it slightly above the fold of the card to create a top folding scalloped base card once it was run through the Sizzix Bigshot. I then used the same frame die to cut a piece from Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Audrey Blue and adhered this to the partially scalloped card base. This covered the top fold of the card base - as the frame die was moved above the card base before cutting to retain the fold, the edge was flat. Using the coloured cardstock allowed the opportunity for a complete scalloped card front. Using Versamark Ink, I stamped a floral image from The Ton Fresh Cut Dahlias stamp set numerous times onto the card, providing a subtle background.




I used Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock and stamped various images from Hero arts Color Layering Bird and Branch and WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals to create my own patterned cardstock piece. Altenew Inks provided a wonderful feminine, pastel pallet using Frosty Pink, Buttercream, Frayed Leaf and Peach Perfect. From this I cut a teapot, teapot lid and teacup from My Favorite Things Dienamics Tea Party and placed aside. 

I then die cut multiple (7-8) tea pots, lids, teacups and (42-48) sugar cubes with the dies from plain white cardstock and adhered the pieces together using Ranger Multi Medium Matte to make sturdy embellishments. Before adding the top stamped piece of the tea pot lid and tea cup I cut away a small area of the plain adhered pieces with my Tim Holtz scissors to allow the pieces to sit flush over the top of the teapot. I then added the top piece and glued the teapot, lid, cup and sugar cubes into place using Ranger Ink Multi Medium Matte.




After brushing over the area to be stamped with an EK Tools powder tool, the sentiment stamp from My Favorite Things Cookie Crumbs was cut apart and stamped in Versamark Ink with my MISTI stamping tool. I used Hero Arts white embossing powder for a stand out sentiment, paired with a Wagner Heat Tool.

I die cut a spoon with My Favorite Things Dienamics Tea Party from a silver foiled piece a had previously made from Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Foil using a Heidi Swapp Minc Machine. I cut away the lower half of the spoon and placed the handle section against the top of the teacup, adhering it to the card base and giving the illusion of it sitting inside the cup.

The sugar cubes were then swiped with the wonderful Zig Wink of Stella in Clear to provide a shimmer and a sparkle! Finally, I placed some lovely fabric flowers onto the teapot. An elegant, feminine card is the result and would make a great Mother's Day card also.


Thankyou for following along with me today. Please feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarifying. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.

Happy crafting and have a great day!


Teresa


Products used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20
Sizzix Bigshot Machine
Simon Says Stamp cardstock in Audrey Blue
Versamark Ink
Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Hero Arts Color Layering Bird and Branch
WPlus9 Fresh Cut Florals
My Favorite Things Cookie Crumbs
Wagner Heat Tool
Heidi Swapp Minc Machine
Zig Wink of Stella in Clear
Fabric flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png