Thursday, May 25, 2017

DT Teresa - Mother's Day 2

Hello Everyone!

Mother's Day may now be behind us for 2017, but we can honour and celebrate mums every day and any day! 

This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base which is cut with a paper trimmer at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored with a teflon bone folder at 5 1/2" to make a top folding card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".





I cut the cloud dies from Mama Elephant Stitched Sky with the Sizzix Big Shot Machine to create a background on the base of the card with Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock. I adhered them to the card using Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller and then used scissors to cut the over hanging areas of cloud from the card base. 

I coloured a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper using Colourcraft Brusho Colours in Ultramarine. I first sprayed the piece with water from a Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and then sprinkled the Brusho powder over the wet paper. The colour spread across the piece beautifully and I then proceeded to dry the paper with a Wagner Heat Tool. Once dry, I die cut the stars circle using both dies from My Favorite Things Starry Circle and adhered a piece of gold glitter cardstock behind the piece to create shiny bright stars. I added some colour around the outside of the circle using Tim Holtz BluePrint Sketch Distress Ink with a Ranger Ink Blending Tool and Foam I placed this onto a larger die cut circle from Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles and adhered it onto the card front with the Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller.  





I stamped the sentiment with My Favorite Things Black Licorice Hybrid Ink from Mama Elephant Tiny Heroes onto an extra die cut cloud and popped it in place with doubled-up 3M Scotch Foam Tape for dimension. I love this sentiment, even if the word 'favourite' is spelt incorrectly! ;) 

The focal image for this card is also from Mama Elephant Tiny Heroes, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Ink and cut with the co-ordinating dies, Mama Elephant Tiny Heroes Creative Cuts. She is coloured with Copic markers and adhered with foam tape also. I added a splash of Zig A Wink of Stella, Clear and dropped a tiny dollop of Ranger Glossy Accents over the star on her chest.



I then added MUM to the card using dies from Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs, completing the card.


Thankyou for following along with me today. Please feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarifying. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.

Happy crafting and have a great day!


Teresa


Products used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
Teflon bone folder
Mama Elephant Stitched Sky
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller
Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper
Colourcraft Brusho Colours in Ultramarine
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Wagner Heat Tool
My Favorite Things Starry Circle
Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Circles
Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller
Copic markers
BG11, BG13, E00, E11, E43, E44, E47, E95, 
N0, N4, N7, R20, RV25, Y26
3M Scotch Foam Tape
Zig Wink of Stella, Clear
Lawn Fawn Cole's ABCs



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png