Wednesday, April 5, 2017

DT Deni - Shabby

Good Morning DT Deni with you today :-)

April is the month of shabby chic.. now I'm not a shabby kind of girl so this is a hard one for me to work with haha. I've done my best and hope to inspire you to do better.




Today I have used a few Auzz Trinklets N Crafts items to create my card. Lets talk process and we will work through it all.

I started with some cheap papers from Kmart/Cheap Shop, I loved the colours in them and that's what inspired me to put this card together. I decided to cut th circle and border from the My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Scallop Frames Dies (I do have the scallop circles somewhere but these were on my desk from a recent haul).



I decided to finish the layering of those with a Kaisercraft Doily. The background paper was still a little heavy so u decided to cut a banner from My Favorite Things Stitched Fishtail Flags using another paper. Between sticking everything down I decided to add some lace and some cheesecloth to try and shabby it up a little. The sentiment is a die set from My Favorite Things called Well Wishes Die Namics which I cut using some left over a Kaisercraft cardstock from another project. I also cut a mat for the whole layout using the same card. Everything was adhered using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive (mainly because It was sitting in front of me and my ATG is in another room).
Once all was completed I attached it to a pre-made Twiddleybitz card base.



The image is a La La Land Crafts rubber stamp, it is currently not available to purchase unless you are a stamp club subscriber. They do have quite a lot of other gorgeous stamps which are available to purchase through Auzz Trinklets and Crafts. 

I stamped the image (Marci) on Mondi Color Copy using Memento Tuxedo Black with my Fiskars Stamp Press, I then coloured her up using Copic Markers, I fussy cut the image using my EK Success Cutterpede Scissors (these are fantastic for fussy cutting as they are sharp and have a nice point to them). I also added some clear Wink Of Stella to the heart on her shirt and the headband just to give her a little extra glam.

Thankyou for stopping by and we hope to see you again soon,

Deni


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png