Friday, April 7, 2017

DT Clarinda - a shabby card for you

Hello everyone,

Welcome to April! This months theme is "Shabby" so I have made a very quick and easy card to share. This is a good one for those occasions where you need a pretty card in a hurry, and it doesn't require too many bits and pieces to make.



Here is a picture of the items I used....



Firstly I chose my background papers from the Magnolia Lane collection by Ultimate Cragfts and cut them to size. The biggest one was cut to match my card base then the other two were made slightly smaller. As I was assembling the card I decided on an extra layer which is not in this picture... I then roughened up the edges (I use my stanley knife, but there are lots of distressing tools available) and I edged them lightly with Distress ink in Vintage photo.



Once that was done I began making the flowers. For this I used paper by prima and my minds eye. Once I cut the flower petals in multiple sizes using Rose Creations by Spellbinders I inked the edges with Versa Magic Chalk ink in Pink Petunia for the flowers, and the leaves in Hint of Pesto.  Once inked I used my foam piercing mat by We R Memory Keepers and my petal shaping tools to give the petals and leaves shape.



I then glued them all together using Glossy Accents. Once dry I added assorted beads into the centres and adhered them with Glossy Accents. Then I layered them all together and added a sentiment from another sheet of the Magnolia Lane paper collection. I also added a lace doily from stampin up to finish it off.

Thank you, I hope you enjoyed this post :)
Till next time.
Clarinda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png