Sunday, January 1, 2017

Welcome to 2017..January It's All About the Girls DT Deni

Good Morning Everyone and Welcome to 2017 :-)

DT Deni here with you today, I hope everyone is starting 2017 well and you all had a lovely Christmas.

I am from Sydney, Christmas eve was raining so we were expecting to be having a wet Christmas this year but thankfully it stopped over night and we were in for a warm Christmas with the air con on.
It was my turn to have my boys for Christmas dinner this year so daytime was tough for me but the hours went pretty quickly and then it was time for them to come home and open their presents. It was only a quick opening as we were late for Christmas dinner with my family.

We spent Christmas night with my eldest brother and his wife and my nephew, my brother above me and his wife and new nephew, my cousin (who lived with us when we were little) and my parents. My Boyfriend and I were separated at the time so I didn't have that special someone with me.

We had a really lovely night, lots of food and conversation and catch ups. Then home to set up the kids new PS4 Console so they could have a little play before bed.

I hope everyone had as nice a Christmas Day as I did :-) and now onto my DT Post lol.

This month we are designing with the theme of "All About The Girls" in mind. For me that generally means pink and frills lol. I have a few new stamp sets sitting on my desk at the moment from my last Auzz Trinklets Bulk purchase, so i went through them all and found this one: Your Next Stamp- Magical Ponies. I went to pinterest to try and get some ideas of what to do with it because I was in a creative block at the time.


I stamped the images on Color Copy Mondi Cardstock using an acrylic block from Lawn Fawn, I used Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut the rectangle using My Favorite Things - Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame and just put the outside scallop piece to the side for another project. I also cut another one using pink cardstock from American Crafts..I left the inside piece underneath to give it some height on my card. I attached it at the back of the scallop piece with some washi tape.

I then coloured the image using Copic Markers(listed below) I added some Wink Of Stella to the image, a drop of Nuvo Crystal Drops to the flower in the ponies hair.

I cut the stars from Simon Says Stamp - Stacked Stars from some leftover cardstock from another project. I put the stars to the side for another project, I cut another one from white cardstock and used only the inside stars to pop back into the yellow stars frame.


I then started putting my card together, I layered a few different colours of American Crafts Cardstock using ATG to create the matting, I then wrapped the twine around the middle piece of Cardstock. I then added a Doily using Tombow Mono Multi. I popped the Stars down, popped the inside stars in using Tombow Mono Multi.

I then added the rectangle layers down using My Scotch ATG. To finish off the stars I decided to add some Kindyglitz to give them shine.


The card still needed a little more so I added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the rectangle frame.
Once everything was dry I added it all to a card base from Twiddleybitz.

Products Used On This Card
Your Next Stamp - Magical Ponies
Simon Says Stamp - Stacked Stars
Memento Tuxedo Black
Derivan Kindyglitz - Crystalina
Washi Tape
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
Kaisercraft Doilies
DMC Cotton Perle
Wink Of Stella - Clear Glitter Brush
Marvy Jewel Picker
Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block
Scotch ATG
American Crafts Cardstock
Twiddleybitz Card Base
Sizzix Big Shot
Nuvo Crystal Drops - Dandelion Yellow
My Favorite Things - Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame

Copic Markers Used
Y11, Y15
R81, R83, R85
V17
C1, C3, C5

Thanks for popping by, don't forget to stop by again in a couple of days when Tracey steps in with her project.

DT Deni
You can see all my cards and projects over at www.facebook.com/angelhandmadepapercraft

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png