Wednesday, January 11, 2017

DT Teresa – All About the Girls!

Hello Everyone, welcome to my first DT project with Auzz Trinklets n Krafts – I am thrilled to be sharing projects with you over the coming months!

The card I am sharing today features the fabulous stamp set Trouble in a Tutu, by Clearly Besotted. These hippos are so fun with their leaping, twisting and twirling ways!




I love a sturdy card base when creating dimensional cards, so I tend to use a heavyweight cardstock.
 
This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Paper for the base which is cut at 4 ¼" x 11" and scored at 5 ½" to make a top folding card of 5 ½" x 4 ¼".

I cut a layer from Strathmore Bristol cardstock using a die from Blueprints 27, by My Favorite Things. Bristol has a perfectly smooth surface which makes it great for stamping and handles Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers very well.

I placed the cut piece into my (Original) MISTI stamping tool, fitting it snugly into the bottom left hand corner and arranged the three Clearly Besotted hippo stamps at the bottom and two hippo stamps at the top onto the cardstock, before closing the lid of the MISTI to take up the stamps.

The stamps were then inked with Simon Says Stamp black dye ink. I stamped twice with the MISTI to ensure the outline of the images were precise and then stamped these images onto Inkadinkadoo Stamping Mask Paper and fussy cut each hippo closely against the image. After placing the masks of each hippo over the images stamped onto the Bristol cardstock, I placed the piece back into the MISTI stamping tool and inked up a background stamp, Tiny Birthday Cling Background, from The Ton with Lawn Fawn ink, Merman. Again, I stamped this twice for a darker impression.
I stamped the sixth hippo onto a separate piece of cardstock and after removing the masks from the hippos (tadaaa!), I coloured them all with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers. I then stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set onto the layering piece and also stamped the banner with Simon Says Stamp black dye ink onto a piece of textured cardstock from my stash, which matched nicely with the Lawn Fawn Merman ink.

The sixth hippo and banner were die cut with the co-ordinating dies from the Clearly Besotted Trouble in a Tutu die collection with my Sizzix Bigshot Machine. I placed the banner onto the layering piece and then the layering piece onto the card base using 3M Scotch Double-Sided Foam Tape. The sixth hippo was adhered onto the banner with Ranger Multi Medium Matte as was the sweet tiny heart I pulled from Little Things from Lucy’s Cards, in Phosphorescence. As a finishing touch, I added Tsukineko-Irresistible Shimmer Pico Embellisher to the bow of each hippo to add some glitter and shine.

Thankyou for following along with me today. Please feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarifying. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Krafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.
Happy crafting and have a great day!

Teresa


Products:

Trouble in a Tutu, by Clearly Besotted   
Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Paper
Strathmore Bristol cardstock
Blueprints 27, by My Favorite Things
Simon Says Stamp black dye ink
Tiny Birthday Cling Background, from The Ton
Lawn Fawn ink, Merman
Clearly Besotted Trouble in a Tutu die collection
3M Scotch Double-Sided Foam Tape
Little Things from Lucy’s Cards, in Phosphorescence
Tsukineko-Irresistible Shimmer Pico Embellisher


Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers used:
No. 026 Light Pink
No. 036 Light Blue
No. 091 Light Gray
No. 095 Dark Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png