Saturday, May 18, 2019

Altenew Creative Watercolor Media

Hi Everyone,

Today I am here to show one more project for Altenew.  For this purpose I have selected another one of my favorite Class Creative watercolour Media. 

For this project I wanted to try and improve my coloring techniques by using the Altenew Watercolour Palette  and Altenew Water brush Pens.

 I have used the stamp sets Build-A-Flower: Anemone Coronaria and for the sentiment I chose my "happy" word from the Script Words 2. " for you" is from the halftone happy stamp set.


Basic Techniques and Process for making this Card:
  • For making this card , I have used the basic technique of masking.
  • First I planned how many flowers I want on the top and then stamped them randomly on my strathmore Watercolor Paper Cold press using distress ink Antique Linen.

  • Once I have got my top flowers I masked them with the flowers which I got by stamping them on a paper separately and fussy cutting them out as I wanted no white background in the flowers.
  • I have done the same techniques for the leaves as well and masked few to see the over lapping ones coming underneath the flowers.
  • After I was happy with my stamped images I started my coloring process.
  • Foremost I did a brown water wash outside my outline images. So spreading the brown outline with more water.
  • Then slowly and patiently I started doing every alternate petal at a time so that they are not wet as when I do the petal in between the two I did before. 



  • For the middle of the flowers I did black dots with watercolor.
  • For a bit of enhancement I also splattered some white with my brush.
  • My sentiment "happy" was cut two times on white card stock and 1 pcs in gold glitter card stock to have a raised effect.
  • "for you" I stamped with the Altenew New Antique Gold Pigment Ink on a black card stock.

Its amazing when you are challenged with something out of your comfort zone and try something new. I really would like to Thank Virginia and Erum for their support and love.

I look forward to create more and present myself more under their beautiful guidance.   

Hope you all like it.
Regards
Neha



2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely gorgeous Neha! Your colouring is gorgeous and to colour SO MANY flowers and leaves YIKES! You did a fabulous job!
    Thank you for entering your gorgeous work to the AECP gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!!! Neha, your creation is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I love that you focus on the key design element are went for it! The masking and coloring details that you pay attention to really paid off! I love the concise design and use of elements! You are awesome after our feedback! Erum and I are so proud of you that you took the constructive criticism and achieve more than what we expected! This is a PROGRESS that we hope you will remember and continue to grow! I am so glad that you enter your beautiful work in Altenew AECP assignment Gallery. Awesome details and design! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png