Sunday, July 2, 2017

DT Deni - Play It To Your Strengths

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to July and Term 2 of our Design Team.

This month to break in the Design Team I thought i'd give the girls a chance to "Play to Your Strengths". So this is what we went with for our theme this month.

I decided my strengths were my Copics so I made a card using both my strengths and my weaknesses. I have never been much for using Distress Inks so I used those also.

I was finally able to get my hands on the "Mermazing" stamp and die sets from My Favorite Things in my last package from Auzz Trinklets N Crafts. I stamped the images using Memento Tuxedo Black in my Misti Stamping Tool, I coloured the gorgeous mermaid and the sea shell up using my Copic Markers and die cut them using the matching dies on my Sizzix Big Shot.


I decided to use the "Sending You Oceans Of Love" sentiment, so I grabbed some scraps of Canson Black cardstock that were sitting on my desk (which I prepped using an embossing buddy) and stamped it using Versamark Watermark Ink Pad and a Lawn Fawn Acrylic Block. I covered it in Wow Opaque Bright White (Superfine) Embossing Powder, Popped the excess back into the jar using some paper scrap that was on my desk. I then heated the Embossing Powder up using my Heat Tool and trimmed it to size using Tim Holtz 8.5" Trimmer from Tonic Studios. I cut the Flag end using my Cutterbee Scissors, I just cut a slip in the centre and met the corners to the middle creating the flag.

I hadn't really planned this card out like I normally would so at this stage I had no idea what I was doing haha.



I decided a blended background would be nice so I pulled out my Ranger Tim Holtz Embossing Inks and my Mini Ink Blending Tool. I used Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans to blend on some Mondi Color Copy. I added some splashes of water using Ranger Mini Mister, which I lightly dabbed back off using paper towel.

I then cut a circle out of the blended piece using Stitched Circle Dies from Lawn Fawn. I attached the images and the sentiment to the circle using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive and Scotch ATG.

Next was time to find some matching paper.. which I actually didn't end up doing.. I decided to make some to match.



I pulled out my Mermazing stamp set and My Favorite Things Hybrid Inks and started stamping onto Mondi Color Copy and creating a background paper. I used Sour Apple and Gumdrop Green. The paper still looked like it was missing something so I used the Avery Elle That Bites stamp set and grabbed the little bubbles image and added some of those in Black Licorice Hybrid Ink.

I cut a black square using Canson Cardstock and Lawn Fawn Stitched Squares dies on my Sizzix Big Shot, I then added the patterned paper using Scotch ATG and then added the circle (with images and sentiment attached) using Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive. I used some Mod Podge Dimensional Magic on the shell in her hair and the extra shell. I added Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Brush to the Mermaid and added some sequins to the water.

Once all the layers were complete I added them to a pre-made Twiddleybitz card base using Scotch ATG. On the inside of the card I used another black stitched square from Canson cardstock. I added a strip of the leftover blended cardstock to the bottom, used left over images from my die cuts, stamped some of the plant images to the corner. I then stamped the sentiment to bottom to finish it off.




Products Used On This Card

My Favorite Things - Mermazing Stamps And Dies
Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans
Ranger Mini Distress Blending Tool
My Favorite Things Hybrid Inks - Sour Apple, Gumdrop Green, Black Licorice
Memento - Tuxedo Black
Avery Elle - That Bites
Wow Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White (superfine)
Ranger - Multi Medium Matte
Sequins- Stash
Mod Podge - Dimensional Magic
Universal Crafts - Ultrafine Tip Glue Applicator
Wink Of Stella - Clear Glitter Brush
Tim Holtz Tonic Studios - 8.5" Trimmer
Sizzix Big Shot
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Circles Dies
Ranger - Mini Mister
American Crafts - Cardstock
Mondi Color Copy 250gsm
Embossing Buddy
Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Adhesive
Cutterbee Scissors
Twiddleybitz Card Base
Pick Me Up Tool
Uniball Signo Angelic White

Copic Markers Used

E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
E21, E23
Y11, Y13
R81, R83, R85

Thanks For Stopping By,

DT Deni

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png