Saturday, July 15, 2017

DT Cassie Play To Your Strengths

Hi Everyone!

It's Cassie here and I am so excited to be part of this creative team and sharing some of my creations with you! We are playing with our strengths this month and I love nothing more than doing a bit of watercolouring. I own a range of watercolour mediums but today, I have been using my Tim Holtz Mini Distress ink cubes.

I started by cutting my XL Canson watercolour paper to size (9.5cms x 14cms) and prepared my Tim Holtz inks on a sheet of acetate paper. I sprayed a thin layer of water on the inks to get them moving. Very carefully, I picked up my acetate and placed it ontop of my watercolour paper and smoothing out the inks so they mixed a little.

Then, I picked up the acetate and pounched the acetate sheet to where I felt needed more colours. Once I was happy with the results, I let it dry. You can also dry it with your heat tool if you want to speed up the process a little!

Once it was all dry, I took out my Simon Says Stamp Elizabeth background stamp and positioned it on my MISTI stamp positioner (take out the black foam piece). I used my antistatic powder tool to prep my watercolour card to avoid any static and using my Versamark ink, I inked up the stamp and then embossed it with Ranger Black Sparkle embossing powder.

I stamped the Happy Birthday onto a scrap piece of black card and emobssed it using WOW white embossing powder. The sentiment is from Gerda Steiner "All Cats" stamp set.

I trimmed the sentiment out and mounted it onto foam tape and finally, I matted it onto black cardstock before adhering the card front onto a side folding card base to finish it off!

I love how watercolours are so unpredictable but always gives such an amzing effect and always one of a kind! I repeated this process with a range of different colour combinations.

Happy crafting my friends! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png