Friday, March 24, 2017

DT Clarinda - Shades of green - Number two

Hello peeps!

Welcome back for another instalment! I have a fun layout to share today and something that you don't see everyday. I spent New Years in Las Vegas, which is an amazing city. Even more amazing was this photo that I took of the lawn outside Caesars Palace. Just in case you can't quite work out what is happening, they are literally "painting the grass green".... It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland, painting the rose's red....



I began with a beautiful piece of paper by Fancy Pants - Charming which I stenciled  using Prima modeling paste. Once dry, I used Brusho in olive green and lime green and sprinkled them over the stenciling. I then sprayed with water till I was happy with the result.


Again I needed to let it dry... I helped this along by using my Heat it tool by Tim Holtz. Next I hand painted the chipboard using Dylusions paints. 


I then layered different washi tapes in a criss cross pattern under where I was going to place the photo. I also stamped and cut out the mushroom image using a Dylusions stamp set - Doodle parts. I had used it as a mask for a journal page and really loved the green leafy pattern that was left on it. I thought it fitted in well with Wonderland theme so I layered it under the title. I then roughened up the edges of the page and added some 'bling' in the way of sequins.

I hope you enjoy my layout.
Till next time
Clarinda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png