Monday, January 12, 2015

Mixed Media Monday - Index Cards

Hey Everyone!

I am back, this year with something a little bit different. This year I am still going to be doing Mixed Media, but instead of always working in a book I am going to branch out and work on different kinds of things. I am also going to be recording the process of some of my creations, and giving away some of my Art as well.

This week I am working on 6 x 4 Index Cards, the kind you get from office supply stores like this:


This is a box of 500 cards, so there will be plenty of cards for plenty of creations. I have however glued 2 cards together to make the cards more sturdier, so that they can withstand all the things I do to them. Sometimes you will see the lines coming through the background, but most of the time I will cover the cards with patterned paper, paint and anything else I can get my hands on!

So here are the first two Mixed Media Index Cards:

1 - Imagination:


Materials Used - Tim Holtz Melange Tissue Paper, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil (Doily), 20g Silver Beading Wire, Recollections Paper Flowers, Tim Holtz Ideology Word Bands, Prima Stamp-N-Add (Angel Wings), Satin Ribbon (Black), Distress Ink (Peacock Feathers, Black Soot), Liquitex Gesso (White and Clear), Crop-a-Dile, Eyelets (Black), Ink Blending Tool, Kaisercraft Rub-Ons (Timless Doilies), Helmar 450 Glue and, Reeves Modeling Paste.

2 - Live Every Moment:


Materials Used - Old Music Paper, Dina Wakley Gesso (White), Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers (Juniper, Cloudy Blue), Prima Shabby Chic Resin Treasures, Antique Silver Brads, Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough), Ranger Glossy Accents, Kaisercraft Collectables (Blue Bay) and, Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms (Sea Breeze).

Ok so I know that earlier in the week I got everyone's hopes up and said I was going to create five cards every week, well due to other commitments like work, school and children I have had to lower the number of cards that I create to two a week. Some weeks I will create other Mixed Media Works of Art, but I will always create something every week.

So if you would love to have one of these cards then just comment on this post and check back next week to find out if you are one of the lucky recipients.

Until next week, stay safe, happy and Keep Creating!




No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png