Friday, December 22, 2017

DT Teresa - Christmas 2

Hi There Everyone!

Today I am sharing another Christmas card that I have created production line style. While it appears simple, it was fairly time consuming to create a large number of cards with each piece being diecut one at a time - you know how it goes! I had one of my 18 year old boys offer to help me put the cards together, while the other offered to help out around the house...both are at a loose end now that they have finished Year 12!

The assistance was greatly appreciated needless to say.





A short time ago, Neha added some Karen Burniston products to the store and they looked like fun. The die set I chose was Karen Burniston in Cahoots with Riley and Company, Charm Accordion, (unfortunately no longer in stock). I thought this would work well with the dies from Tim Holtz, Mini Christmas Things.





While this card is very straight forward, my tip for piecing these cards together would be to use double sided adhesive sheets. I covered a large piece of cardstock with Ultimate Crafts Die Cut'n Bond Double Sided Tape before I would run it through the Sizzix Sidekick Machine to diecut each piece. This way, each tiny piece was like a sticker and I did not spend even more time placing adhesive on each one individually. Lifesaver! As I often do, I used Neenah Classic Crest 110# Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the card base which was cut with the die set and I used Neenah Classic Crest 80# Smooth Solar White Cardstock coloured with Copic Markers and coloured textured cardstock for the diecut pieces.






Thankyou for following along with me today. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.


Happy crafting and have a great Christmas! All the very best to each of you for a fabulously happy and healthy 2018!!


Teresa


Products Used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110# Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
Teflon Bone Folder
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Neenah Classic Crest 80# Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Coloured Textured Cardstock
Sizzix Bigshot Machine
Sizzix Sidekick Machine
Karen Burniston in Cahoots with Riley and Company
Charm Accordion
Tim HoltzMini Christmas Things
Poppy Stamps Fancy Merry Christmas
Ultimate Crafts Die Cut'n Bond Double Sided Tape
Copic Markers - B18, E01, E02, R20, T3



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png