Saturday, June 3, 2017

DT Clarinda - Using a stencil

Hi Guys,

Here is my first blog entry for this months theme - stencils. I hope you enjoy the card I have made :)



I began with a blank craft card and my stencil is called favourite lace by Joanna Sheen. I always write the names of the stencil on the stencil so I don't forget what they are.
 

When I am stencilling onto a piece of card that is smaller than the stencil I like to tape it all down so that it doesn't move around. I use washi tape to do this as it is easy to remove and doesn't damage the paper.


I used three different dimensional colour pastes to do this - Dazzlers - lemon drop; Color burst - tangerine dream; and Myartc - platinum. They were applied with a spatula. The Myartc is grainy and dries rough with a beautiful shimmer that looks like it has tiny glass beads in it, where the other two are smooth and glossy.


You can see here how the washi tape held it nice and still so I could get good coverage with little mess.



While the paste was still wet I smoothed off the edges, then I allowed it to dry. Once dry I decorated it with cut cardboard, one piece in white which I stamped and then I stamped a happy birthday stamp onto white cardboard and cut it out. 


I layered these and attached with foam tape to lift them. I then added flowers and ribbon from my stash using Prima 3D dimensional paste.  And here is the finished card......


Thanks for visiting.... See you next time
Clarinda xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png