Wednesday, July 26, 2017

DT Teresa - Play To Your Strengths 2

Hello! I hope this mid-week day finds you well.

I have another interactive card to share today, a design feature determined as a strength of mine. Playing to our strengths is the theme for the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts blog this month.



This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base which is cut with a paper trimmer at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored with a teflon bone folder at 5 1/2" to make a top folding card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".



I cut two pieces of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Paper at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and squirt some Ken Oliver Color Burst powders across the cardstock - Ultramarine Blue at the top, Pthalo Green in the middle and Violet along the bottom and squirted water over the powder using a Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer to spread the colour. I dried the piece off with a Wagner Heat Tool and die cut the pieces using the scalloped rectangle frame from My Favorite Things Blueprints 27 using a Sizzix Bigshot machine.

I took the My Favorite Things Slider Channel Builder and made a modified cut in the middle of one of the coloured cardstock pieces. I did this by using the largest die and running it through with the end of the die hanging outside of the plates so it would not cut through the cardstock. I then turned it around and repeated this on the other side, leaving a smaller rectangle with curved corners. This gave me my window. I reserved the positive rectangle for the card assembly. I stamped the sentiment 'have a magical day' from the Lawn Fawn Fairy Friends in Versamark ink with a Misti stamping tool and embossed it with Ranger Embossing Powder, White with my heat tool. 




From the second piece of coloured cardstock I cut a piece across the middle using the same die as above to give me the piece to slide in and out of the window. As it was similarly coloured, it does not look out of place on the finished card. I used an EK Tools Powder Tool to prep the surface of this piece, ensuring embossing powder would not stick to where it was not desired. I stamped the sentiment 'waving hello' from the stamp set Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You using the same instructions as above. 

I then stamped numerous images from the Lawn Fawn Mermaid for You stamp set, the copic coloured images in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto X-Press It Blending Card and the solid images in Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and cut these out using the corresponding dies. To assemble the card, I cut three of each of the remaining dies in the My Favorite Things Slider Channel Builder set of dies and stacked each of these, adhering them together with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I then adhered these around, above and below the window on the back of the coloured piece of Bristol cardstock. I adhered this to the card base and then adhered the reserved piece ('have a magical day') inside the window to the card base also. I slid the large coloured diecut piece in on the right hand side of the card. This slides in and out easily as the piece has plenty of clearance with the three layers of die cuts under the window piece. 




I then cut two shortened fish tail pieces from Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock with a die from My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax, the perfect width for the slider piece, so I adhered these as a handle and stamped the 'slide me' from Lawn Fawn Push Here stamp set in Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink.

I adhered all the images, some with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and others with 3M Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape. The narwhal in particular, was adhered with foam tape as this prevents the slider piece from escaping the card when opened. I finished by adding Zig Wink of Stella to parts of the images, unfortunately difficult to photograph.


Thankyou for following along with me today. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.


Happy crafting and have a great day!


Teresa


Products Used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
Ken Oliver Color Burst powders - Ultramarine Blue, Pthalo Green, Violet
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer
Wagner Heat Tool
My Favorite Things Blueprints 27
Sizzix Bigshot machine
My Favorite Things Slider Channel Builder 
Versamark ink
Misti stamping tool
Lawn Fawn Mermaid For You
Copic Markers - 0, BG11, BG13, BG15, E000, E00, E02, E35, E50, E53N0, N02, N04, R20, RV21, RV23, RV25, Y26, Y28, Y32, YG21, YG25, YR12, YR14, YR15, V01, V04, V06, V12 
X-Press It Blending Card
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks - Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade, Faded Jeans 
Ranger Multi Medium Matte
Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Solar White Cardstock
My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Banner Stax
Lawn Fawn Push Here
3M Scotch Double Sided Foam Tape
Zig Wink of Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png