Friday, September 15, 2017

DT Kerry - All about the Men

Hi there,

Kerry here today with a, better late than never submission.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Father's Day. Our kids spoilt their dad with a cup of tea in bed and pancakes. He opened all their handmade crafty items they made at school along with this card. His comments were "Ooo it's got lots of sparkly bits....and layers"

Which is exactly the effect I was looking to achieve :) I wanted it to appear as though the plane was flying through the clouds. 


I used Lawn Fawn's Plane and Simple stamp set for the plane and little clouds and the Puffy Cloud Border dies to cut the 4 layers of clouds for the inside of the window and the outside edge.  The Small Stitched Oval Stackable die came in handy to cut the window which I placed a piece of acetate behind to create the shaker.  The Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks blended beautifully to shade a sunset/sunrise background - the colours I used were Fossilized Amber, Worn Lipstick and Broken China.  I just love how the blue and pink blend together to give you that purple hue.


After I had sprinkled in my "Little Things by Lucy's Cards" sequin mix and closed up my shaker, I adhered "dad" to the front.  These were also a Lawn Fawn item, Quinn's ABCs" die cut letters cut from some American Crafts glitter card.


Using the LF Small Stitched envelope die, I carried through the theme with a gift card holder.  I once again used Lawn Fawn products, the Perfectly Plaid Rainbow paper pack.  I continued with the glittery detail by die cutting the "enjoy" to stick on the front and a nice touch with the smoke heart ring on the back.









I hope you enjoyed this card and found some inspiration for a more masculine project.


Enjoy your weekend all!
Kerry x




No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png