Friday, February 24, 2017

DT Clarinda - Romance 2nd post

Hello Everyone!!

It is DT Clarinda here with my second contribution for February. This months theme is Romance. So with that in mind, it is my 20th wedding anniversary next month so I thought I would take this opportunity to make my hubby an anniversary card to celebrate.


Here are a couple of photos that show most of the items I used. I will list them all at the end of the post.



I began by stamping the image (whimsy stamps - bird swing) onto watercolour paper using Memento angel pink ink so that the image would have a 'no lines' finished look. I then painted the image using Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours - I have many different watercolour sets, but this is by far my favourite. The background was painted using a wash of Lindys colour spray - Merci beaucoup mint.


I then ran this through the bigshot using a circle die. I cut a frame using a round rose frame die (unbranded)  and glued them to my backing sheet which came from the Magnolia Lane paper collection from ultimate crafts. The large pink flowers started out white. I used the wicking method to colour them with bubblegum pink dylusions ink spray and then added glossy accents to the petals and rubbed them in ultrafine glitter.


I like to adhere bulky items to cards and LO's using the Finnabair 3D matte gel. It dries clear but flexible so will not crack off if the card is bent. I cut a small piece of cheesecloth and died it with Lindys stamp gang spray in curiouser chartreuse. I also edged the yellow flowers using Dr PH Martins Bombay ink in white.  I then stuck it all down.


I finished it off by inking all the edges in Versa Magic chalk ink - Persimmon and Oasis Green and Kaisercraft ink in Berry and backing it in a matching colour. I then added the words LOVE YOU using washi tape by recollections.


Thank - you for visiting, see you next month.

Clarinda xx

Tools:
  • Big shot
  • Scotch tape glider
  • Acrylic block for stamps
  • Stamp - Whimsy stamps - bird swing
  • Circle die
  • Rose frame die
  • Stanley knife and metal ruler
  • Aqua brushes
Consumables:
  • Color splash watercolor and word washi tape - Recollections
  • Tombow clear glue
  • Memento ink - Angel pink
  • Watercolour paper
  • Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolours - 36 pan
  • Magnolia lane paper pad
  • Ultra fine glitter
  • Glossy accents by ranger
  • Lindys sprays in merci beaucoup mint, curiouser chartreuse and T-bird turquoise
  • Dylusions ink spray in bubblegum
  • Bombay white india ink by Dr PH Martin
  • Versa Magic chalk ink - Persimmon and Oasis Green
  •  Kaisercraft ink in Berry
  • Finnabair 3D matte gel.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png