Monday, September 29, 2014

Remnants of a Past Life - DT Sarah-Jane


Hi Everyone, Sarah-Jane here!

This is my first gig on a design team and I really appreciate Neha for letting me be apart of her wonderful team. If you have not already read my bio then just a small introduction, I like to consider myself a Mixed Media Artist of sorts and today I am here to share with you all a new Art Journal Page created especially for this blog.

I love how the mixture of Aqua, Blue and Antiqued Bronze gives the background a Patina effect, I seem to use combinations of blue and brown in a lot of my work, which you will soon see more of in the future.

Remnants of a Past Life
I like to use old books prepped by tearing out pages and gluing pages together to add strength to them. This book is an old encyclopaedic dictionary.  If you look closely you can still see the dictionary words peeking through under the layers of paint.

Here are a few more close up pics of the background and focal piece:



Materials Used:

- Donna Downey 6x6 Damask Stencil
- Reeves Modeling Paste
- Liquitex Matte Basics Acrylic Paint (Bright Aqua Green, Ultramarine Blue)
- Distress Paint (Antiqued Bronze)
- Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
- Jo Sonja's Acrylic Glazing Fluid
- Prima Tag Pad
- Tim Holtz Ideology Found Relatives
- Tim Holtz Ideology Word Bands - Observations
- Tim Holtz Ideology Long Fastners
- Wax Twine
- Muslin Fabric
- Metal Gears
- Cardstock (Light Brown)

Some of these items can be ordered from Neha at Auzz Trinklets n Krafts, and to see more of my work check out my blog Artfully Dangerous.

Well thats all from me for now, stay tuned for more of my work every week.

Caio

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png