Wednesday, June 14, 2017

DT Teresa - Stencils

Hello!

Our fun theme this month sees us playing with stencils. I own a number of stencils but have not used these great tools as often as I should, so I have really been looking forward to this month!

This card uses Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock for the base which is cut with a paper trimmer at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored with a teflon bone folder at 5 1/2" to make a top folding card of 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".



I took a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock cut at 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and taped it onto my work surface to prevent it from moving and placed the My Favorite Things Stencil - Waves onto the lower half of the piece and taped it in position also. I then swiped Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Turquoise Sea ink over the stencil with a Ranger Blending Tool, creating an ombre effect as I applied the ink more softly towards the bottom of the piece. 

I removed the stencil and then did the same with the Tim Holtz Rays Layering Stencil on the top half of the card, this time using Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber and Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I die cut this piece with the stitched rectangle die from My Favorite Things Blueprints 13 using a Sizzix Bigshot Machine




Using Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Solar White cardstock, I die cut the larger sized Lawn Fawn Say Cheese, Again polaroid frame and cut another frame with Turquoise Sea cardstock from the Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Island Dream collection. This gave me the blue I needed to place inside the frame. Before cutting the Turquoise Sea cardstock however, I used the My Favorite Things Stencil Waves once again. After taping in place, I used Thermoweb iCraft Decofoil Transfer Gel, smearing it over the stencil with a small craft spatula and placed aside to dry. Once dry, I foiled the piece using Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Fancy Foils Turquoise Sea with my Heidi Swapp Minc Machine. As my background had a distressed feel, I decided to distress the foil a little too with a Tim Holtz Retractable Craft Scratcher.

I stamped My Favorite Things Seaside Seagulls with a Misti stamping tool in Memento Black ink onto Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Solar White cardstock, diecut and coloured the images with Copic Markers. I stamped the sentiment onto the polaroid frame from the same set using Hero Arts Black dye ink




To assemble the card, I adhered the stitched rectangle diecut background onto a slightly larger rectangle piece cut from Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Turquoise Sea cardstock with a paper trimmer using Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller. I adhered a slightly smaller piece of scrap cardstock behind the polaroid frame and placed the Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Turquoise Sea cardstock square insert foiled piece to this within the frame and stuck the frame to the background piece using 3M Scotch Foam Tape. I popped the seagulls into position and finished off the card with some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins in 4mm and 6mm, adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

Thankyou for following along with me today. Please feel free to ask questions if anything needs clarifying. If you cannot find the items I have used (listed below) in the Auzz Trinklets and Crafts store, be sure to drop Neha a message via email or Facebook and she will do what she can to order the product in for you.


Happy crafting and have a great day!

Teresa

Products used:

Neenah Classic Crest 110lb Smooth Solar White Cardstock
Paper trimmer
Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Turquoise Sea ink
Ranger Blending Tool
Tim Holtz Rays Layering Stencil
Distress Ink - Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber,                           Scattered Straw
My Favorite Things Blueprints 13
Sizzix Bigshot Machine
Neenah Classic Crest 80lb Solar White cardstock
Lawn Fawn Say Cheese, Again
Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Island Dream collection
Thermoweb iCraft Decofoil Transfer Gel
Craft spatula
Gina K. Designs*Thermoweb Fancy Foils - Turquoise Sea
Heidi Swapp Minc Machine
Tim Holtz Retractable Craft Scratcher
My Favorite Things Seaside Seagulls
Misti stamping tool
Memento Black ink
Copic Markers - C4, C6, Y18, YR15, R20, E33, E35
Hero Arts Black dye ink
Kokuyo Glue Tape Roller
3M Scotch Foam Tape
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo oldswirl_zps9e8ffa8f.png